Catholic Women's League
A national organization rooted in Gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God.
Mission Statement: The Catholic Women’s League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God.
The Regina Mundi Catholic Women's League (CWL) Council was established in 1961. We meet monthly during the year on the first Tuesday of the month.
The CWL promotes spiritual and personal development for catholic women in the parish.
Throughout its years of existence the Regina Mundi Council has enhanced parish life by promoting the establishment of the Blessed Sacrament Chapel for daily prayer, honouring the shrine to our Blessed Virgin Mary, and installing the stained glass window depicting the Annunciation of Our Lord.
The CWL hosts the following activities for the parish:
• An annual day retreat for women
• Collection for Canadian Food for Children during lenten time
• The May Crowning of our Lady’s statue
• Financial support for community groups such as the Good Shepherd Centres and Birthright Hamilton
• Annual attendance at the CWL Diocesan conference to promote catholic values through policies and work with the levels of government
The Objects of the League shall be to unite Catholic women of Canada:
- To achieve individual and collective spiritual development.
- To promote the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- To exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life.
- To protect the sanctity of human life.
- To enhance the role of women in Church and society.
- To recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere.
- To uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world.
- To contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
Every woman 16 years of age or more, belonging to our Parish, is eligible to be a member of the Regina Mundi Council of the Catholic Women’s League of Canada. Membership dues are $45.00 per calendar year.
For further information, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find our Election Newsletter here: