Regina Mundi Parish was established in 1959, but was officially opened in 1966. Mater Ecclesiae (Mother of the Church) is a title officially given to Mary during the Second Vatican Council by Pope Paul VI. Regina Mundi (Queen of the World) was the name that the Marion Fathers who founded our Parish gave to our faith community’s Church.
We belong under the Diocese of Hamilton which was established in 1856, and is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada, and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics throughout Southern Ontario.
We have a rich parish history and have celebrated many milestones. We have been blessed with a succession of pastors who have led our community to grow in faith and love for God, and each pastor has shaped our parish identity. Additionally, the building has undergone several renovations and upgrades over the years, which reflects the needs of the growing community.